“This appeal requires us to answer a question that has perplexed courts for some time: Whether a plaintiff is entitled to partial summary judgment on the issue of a defendant’s liability, when, as here, defendant has arguably raised an issue of fact regarding plaintiff’s comparative negligence. Stated differently, to obtain partial summary judgment in a comparative negligence case, must plaintiffs establish the absence of their own comparative negligence. We hold that a plaintiff does not bear that burden.” Rodriguez v City of New York, 2018 NY Slip Op 02287, Decided on April 3, 2018, New York Court of Appeals. Feinman, J.
- Rodriguez v. City of New York Makes Plaintiff’s Negligence Personal Injury Actions Partial Summary Judgment Motions Success Easier
- Late Expert Disclosure Affidavits Permitted on Motions for Summary Judgment and in Opposition.
- More Free CLE
- Free Webinar Ethics Credit On June 25th, 2014 at 1:00pm ET
- That Portion Of Insurance Company’s Claims File Created Before It Has Reasonable Grounds To Reject A Claim Are Discoverable By Its Insured.
- Attorneys For Non-Party Witnesses At Depositions Are Not Potted Plants.
- Future Medical Benefits Are No Longer Part Of The Kelly Calculation.
- If You Fail To Comply With C.P.L.R. 3116, You Can’t Use A Deposition Transcript To Cross Examine A Witness, Well Maybe You Can’t.
- Three Year Secure Pass ID Card
- Recent talk by Anthony Gair on the current state of New York construction accident law.
- Bronx County Clerks Office
- FORM – Fillable Authorization For Release Of Health Information Pursuant To HIPAA
- FORM – Fillable Claimant's Authorization to Disclose Workers' Compensation Board Records
- FORM – Non fillable Authorization To Permit Interview Of Treating Physician By Defense Counsel
- Local Rules of the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York City Parking Garage Rates
- New York Official Reports Style Manual with 2009 Supplement – HTML version
- New York Official Reports Style Manual with 2009 Supplement – PDF version
- New York Personal Injury Law Blog
- NOVELNY – New York Online Virtual Electronic Library.
- NYS Department of State Corporation and Business Entity Database
- The NYC ACRIS Main Options
- The State of New York, Department of Motor Vehicles, Police Accident Report Manual, with Truck and Bus Supplement